Quick Facts about Summer Library
1. Summer library is open to anyone. You do not have to sign up, just drop in. All presenters and activities are FREE!
2. Summer Library Public Hours:
Monday & Wednesday: 8:45-12:00, 3:00-3:50
Thursday: 8:45-10:00, 12:30-3:50
Friday: 8:45-12:00, 2:30-3:50
3. Our theme is "Libraries Rock." Children accompanied by an adult or caregiver over 13 years old are welcome during public hours to check out books, attend story time, make crafts, play, and listen to Tuesday presentations.
4. Weekly crafts are available on a drop-in basis during public hours each day until 3:30PM. Crafts are best suited for children ages 5+.
5. Story times are best suited for children aged 5 years old and under.
6. Hover on the calendar dates below to find out more details.
7. Standing Bear Library is in partnership with Omaha Public Library so come in and get signed up to enter the Omaha Public Library reading contest. You can do turn in all of your hours and collect the prizes right here at Standing Bear. We will turn in all the necessary forms for you!! Reading incentive prizes can be won for reading, writing in your free journal or attending the library activities provided.
8. You may check out great books to read for the summer. If you leave on vacation, just return the books the first week of school.